Since 1969, National PTA has hosted the Reflections arts program to encourage students to explore their talents and express themselves. Each year, students in Grades Pre-K through 12 reflect on a specific theme and are recognized for bringing the theme to life through dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. To participate, all you need to do is get your students creative juices going and submit entries. You can submit entries into as many categories as they would like. First through 3rd place winners receive recognition and a trophy at the fourth quarter Awards Day.
There are very specific rules for each category. Please click the links so see the requirements:
- General Rules – http://www.pta.org/files/PTA%20Reflections/General%20Participation%20Rules.pdf
- Dance Choreography – http://www.pta.org/files/PTA%20Reflections/Dance%20Choreography%20Rules.pdf
- Visual Arts – http://www.pta.org/files/PTA%20Reflections/Visual%20Arts%20Rules.pdf
- Film Production – http://www.pta.org/files/PTA%20Reflections/Film%20Production%20Rules.pdf
- Literature – http://www.pta.org/files/PTA%20Reflections/Literature%20Rules.pdf
- Music Composition – http://www.pta.org/files/PTA%20Reflections/Music%20Composition%20Rules.pdf
- Photography – http://www.pta.org/files/PTA%20Reflections/Photography%20Rules.pdf
**All Visual Art and Photography entries must be matted. For canvased visual art entries, you must use the panels that is framed or backed with the wood inner frame where the canvas is wrapped around it.
If you have ANY questions, please feel free to contact Nicky Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would LOVE all our AJW engineers to participate!